- 220g pitted dates
- 60ml coconut oil
- 50g Demerara sugar
- 60ml water
- 120g apple sauce
- ¾ tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 500g pure (gluten-free) oats
- 250g raisins
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Combine the dates, oil, sugar, and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Cook for two minutes, then reduce the heat and simmer for eight minutes or until the dates are soft, stirring to avoid sticking. Be careful as the mixture gets very hot.
- Purée the mixture in a food processor until a paste is formed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add the applesauce and pulse to combine.
- Add the baking powder and cinnamon. Pulse to combine.
- With the blade running, gradually add the oats and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in the raisins.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized amounts of the mixture onto the baking tray and flatten slightly. Bake for eight minutes, or until lightly golden.
Per serving: 162kcals, 2.4g fat (2g saturated), 17.9g carbs, 14.5g sugars, 2.9g protein, 3.1g fibre, 0.027g sodium