2 tbsp miso paste
1 x 3cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
Bunch of fresh coriander, leaves and stalks separated, chopped
600ml vegetable stock
100g soba (buckwheat) noodles
1-2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 salmon fillets, skin on
150g broccoli, chopped into florets
Spring onions, finely sliced
- In a saucepan, combine the miso paste, ginger, garlic, chilli flakes, coriander stalks and stock in a small pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a separate pot of water to the boil, then reduce the heat slightly to a simmer. Add the eggs and simmer for six minutes. Remove the eggs using a slotted spoon and place in a bowl of iced water to prevent further cooking.
- Return the pot of water to a high heat and cook the soba noodles according to the package instructions. Drain well, reserving the hot water. Rinse the noodles under cool water, drizzle with sesame oil and set aside.
- Place the mangetout in the reserved hot water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain well, then add to the iced water along with the eggs.
- Peel the eggs and slice in half lengthwise.
- Place the salmon fillets in the simmering miso broth and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the broccoli and simmer for two minutes longer. Use a slotted spoon to remove the salmon and broccoli from the broth.
- Divide the noodles between two serving bowls. Top with the salmon, broccoli and mangetout, then pour over the miso ginger broth. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
- Top each bowl with a soft boiled egg and scatter with the coriander leaves, some sesame seeds and some sliced spring onion to serve.
Per Serving 565kcals, 4.8g fat (2.6g saturated), 100.6g carbs, 6g sugars, 21.8g protein, 6.9g fibre, 2.244g sodium