- 250 g wholewheat spaghetti
- 200 g smoked bacon rashers, fat removed and medallions chopped
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200 g low-fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp skimmed milk
- 1 beef stock cube
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions.
- Lightly coat a frying pan with cooking spray and cook the rasher pieces for 3-5 minutes until browned and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms and onion to the pan and cook for 7-9 minutes until soft, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the cream cheese to a bowl and stir in the milk, just enough to thin it out.
- Return the rashers to the pan and stir in the sauce. Taste for seasoning and if the rashers are not too salty, crumble in the beef stock cube and stir to combine. Remove from the heat.
- Drain the spaghetti and add to the pan, tossing to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
Per Serving 467kcals, 21.3g fat (12.2g saturated), 45.7g carbs, 4.6g sugars, 23.8g protein, 7.4g fibre, 0.71g sodium