For the marinade:
1 large handful of fresh coriander, chopped
180ml tinned coconut milk
12 fresh basil leaves
1 large green chilli, seeds removed
3 garlic cloves
2cm slice of fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
Salt and black pepper
1 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp brown sugar
4 chicken fillets, halved widthways
1½ tbsp coconut oil
2 limes, cut into wedges, for garnish
- Place all of the marinade ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and whizz until smooth.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in a large sealable freezer bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken, seal the bag and massage the marinade into the meat. Place in the fridge for at least three hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the chicken pieces for 3-4 minutes on each side. Place the pan in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Tent loosely with tin foil and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with more chopped coriander and serve with lime wedges and rice.
Per serving: 426kcals, 26.3g fat (16.9g saturated), 5.9g carbs, 3.3g sugars, 41.3g protein, 1.4g fibre, 0.131g sodium
TOP TIP: When the chicken is in the sealed bag with the marinade, it can be popped flat in the freezer to defrost another day!