- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 x 400g tins of chickpeas
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- Naan bread and/or rice
- Natural yoghurt
- Coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook the onions stirring often, for about 15 minutes until they are a deep golden brown.
- Add the garlic and spices, season with salt and black pepper and cook for one minute until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and chickpeas. Stir everything together and simmer over a medium heat for about 10 minutes, until the liquid is slightly reduced and the flavours have combined. Season to taste.
- Turn off the heat and add the coriander. Stir in a dollop of natural yoghurt.
- Serve with naan bread and/or rice, with some extra natural yoghurt and coriander on the side.
Per serving: 460kcals, 10.1g fat (1.2g saturated), 75.1g carbs, 18.4g sugars, 22g protein, 21.3g fibre, 0.077g sodium