For the simple syrup:
For the cocktails:
1 jalapeño, sliced, plus extra for serving
2-3 large handfuls of ice
60ml grapefruit juice
60ml lime juice
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Bring to a boil over a high heat, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved completely. Allow to cool.
- Place the tequila in a jug and add the sliced jalapeño with its seeds. Allow to infuse for 30-45 minutes.
- Add the ice to a pitcher, then pour in the infused tequila. Add 30ml of the simple syrup along with the rest of the ingredients. Stir well to combine everything together.
- Taste and add more of the simple syrup if you prefer a sweeter cocktail.
- Place some salt on a saucer. Wet the rims of four glasses and dip into the salt.
- Divide between the glasses and garnish with slices of grapefruit and jalapeño.
Per Serving 77kcals, 0.1g fat (0g saturated), 10.2g carbs, 1.5g sugars, 0.3g protein, 0g fibre, 0.1 g sodium