Makes around 18
For the cookies:
230g unsalted butter, softened
260g caster sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
490g plain flour
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
¼ tsp salt
For the icing:
230g icing sugar
4-5 tbsp milk
40g unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/180 ̊C fan/gas mark 6 and line two baking trays with non- stick parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar and lemon zest until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract and the ricotta. Mix until well combined.
- Sieve in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Take one tablespoon of dough, roll into a ball and place onto the prepared tray. Continue until all the dough is rolled.
- Place the tray in the fridge and allow the cookies to chill for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly golden.
- Allow to cool for five minutes on the tray before transferring to a wire rack.
- For the icing, whisk together the icing sugar, milk, butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Dip the tops of the cookies into the icing and decorate with sprinkles.
- Allow the icing to dry, then store in an airtight container.
355kcals, 14.9g fat (9.1g saturated), 49.5g carbs (27.4g sugars), 6.4g protein, 0.7g fibre, 0.297g sodium