1 x our favourite vanilla sponge recipe, to fill 2 x 20cm sandwich tins
1 x basic buttercream icing
2 bananas, sliced
Hundreds & Thousands
Chocolate fudge dessert sauce
Toffee or butterscotch dessert sauce
Strawberry dessert sauce
Ice cream wafers
- Spread one of the cakes with some of the buttercream icing, then arrange the banana slices in an even layer.
- Top with the other sandwich layer. Spread the remaining buttercream over the sides and top of the cake. Refrigerate until the icing is firm.
- Press the Hundreds & Thousands into the bottom half of the cake.
- Add a few scoops of ice cream to the top of the cake. Freeze until the ice cream is firm.
- Just before serving, drizzle the dessert sauces over the top and add a few more Hundreds & Thousands. Stick in an ice cream wafer and top with cherries before slicing.
Per Serving 538kcals, 25.1g fat (15.5g saturated), 76.8g carbs, 53.4g sugars, 4.5g protein, 1.4g fibre, 0.197g sodium