120g Avonmore Irish Butter, at room temperature
200g Sugar, plus 2 tbsp
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
120ml Avonmore Fresh Milk
500g Mixed Berries
500 ml Avonmore Double Cream
50g icing sugar, sifted
- While the cakes are baking, heat half of the berries in a saucepan over a low heat. Sprinkle over the caster sugar and simmer for 10 minutes until the berries are soft and there is some syrup at the bottom of the pan.
- Strain the berries through a sieve, reserving the syrup. When the cakes are out of the oven, brush the syrup over the tops while they are cooling to room temperature.
- Beat the cream and icing sugar with for a few minutes until thick and creamy. You don’t want it to become too dense, so watch it carefully as you beat it.
- Spread half of the cream over one of the cakes, then top with the other cake. Spread the remaining cream on top.
- Combine the softened berries with the remaining fresh ones. Pile them high into the centre of the cake before serving.
Per Serving: 474kcals, 28.6g fat (17.4g saturated), 51g carbs, 32.1g sugars, 5.2g protein, 2.3g fibre, 0.1g sodium