2 carrots, thinly sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, cut into wedges
2 garlic cloves, crushed
275g small open-cap mushrooms
225g tin of bamboo shoots
220g tin of water chestnuts
125g cashew nuts, toasted
2 tsp Chinese five-spice seasoning
2 tbsp sherry or vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Cook the couscous according to the package instructions and set aside.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook the carrots for two minutes until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and cook the onion and garlic for one minute.
- Add the mushrooms and cover with a lid. Cook for two minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and cook for 4-6 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked couscous for the last minute and toss to combine. Serve warm
Per Serving 393kcals, 12.7g fat (2.4g saturated), 59.8g carbs, 4.8g sugars, 12.5g protein, 5g fibre, 0.32g sodium