100g porridge oats, plus extra to decorate
150g soft brown sugar
100g plain flour
100g wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- In a food processor, blend the porridge oats to form a course flour. Add the porridge to a bowl and pour on the milk.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and brown sugar. Stir into the porridge mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spoon the mix into the prepared muffin tray. Sprinkle with some porridge oats.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tops feel springy to the touch. Allow to cool. These muffins are perfect for lunch boxes or on-the-go breakfasts.
Per serving 165kcals, 1.9g fat (0.5g saturated), 33.2g carbs (15g sugars), 4.6g protein, 2.2g bre, 0.127g sodium