1 small head of broccoli, finely chopped
2 carrots, grated
3 spring onions, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
80g plain flour
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp turmeric
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
¾ tsp black pepper
1 tbsp lemon juice
Vegetable oil, for cooking
Flaky sea salt
- In a bowl, combine the broccoli, carrots, spring onions and garlic and stir well.
- Add the flour, breadcrumbs, cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Stir to combine well.
- Stir in the lemon juice and water. Test the consistency of the mixture by pressing some together in your hands — it should hold together. If it’s too crumbly, add a splash of water. If it’s too wet, add a little extra flour.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal oprtions and shape into small patties around 4-5cm in diameter.
- Pour vegetable oil into a large pan to a depth of ¼cm and heat over a medium heat until shimmering.
- Working in batches to avoid crowding the pan, cook the fritters for 3-4 minutes per side until deep golden-brown and crisp, adding a little extra oil after each batch if needed. Transfer the cooked fritters to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Scatter with a little flaky sea salt and serve with your favourite dipping sauce.
Per fritter 103kcals, 5.1g fat (0.4g saturated), 11.8g carbs (1.4g sugars), 2.3g protein, 1.6g fibre, 0.243g sodium