Dried pasta is a great item for craft activities, with different pasta shapes suiting different projects (classic dried penne necklace anyone?)
Farfalle not only looks like little bowties, but are also just right for creating butterfly wings. So why not make your own butterflies with the easy instructions below?
What you will need:
- Farfalle (bowtie pasta)
- Paints and small paintbrushes
- Pipecleaners or wire, for antennae
- Mini flowerpots
- Sand, pebbles or dried lentils, to fill the flowerpots
- Line your work surface with newspaper and layout the bowtie pastas. Get out your paints and brushes.
- Paint your bowties any colour you like. Set them aside to dry.
- Add a fun design or pattern to your butterfly wings if you like.
- Break a few spaghetti noodles in half.
- Ask an adult to help you cut the pipe cleaners or wire into 4- 5cm pieces. Bend them into antennae.
- Use a small bit of glue to attach the spaghetti to the antennae. Use another little bit to attach the wings.
- Paint or decorate your mini flower pots. When they’re dry, fill them with sand, pebbles, or lentils.
- Stick the butterflies into the pots.