We can’t wait to try Lidl’s new premium craft beer range, offering customers 12 new varieties this summer.
The company is partnering with local Irish suppliers, and the range will be available nationwide. It is being sourced from up-and-coming local brewers, including the Sligo-based White Hag Brewery; BRÚ Brewery in Trim, Co. Meath; and Porterhouse Brewing Co., hailing from Ballyboggin, Co. Dublin.
White Hag Brewery
White Hag Brewery is a modern, independent craft brewery in Sligo, on Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way.
The company’s commercial director Bob Coggins said, “We’re thrilled that our new partnership with Lidl allows us to bring our range of independent beers to the whole country. For the first time our core range of beers are now available through a national retailer, and we look forward to bringing a whole new audience into the world of great Irish craft beer.”
White Hag’s range includes:
- ‘Little Fawn’ Session IPA (4 x 330ml for €9.99). The fruity hops flavour has aromas of blueberry, passionfruit, and grapefruit. It’s well-balanced, with a mild lingering, bitter finish.
- ‘Phantom’ Hazy IPA (4 x 330ml for €9.99). Golden and hazy, with a hint of orange hues, this beer is topped off with a white fluffy head. The hops are complimented with juicy tropical and stone fruit flavours, supported by dank and sticky pine tones. It features intense tropical fruit, citrus and pine flavours, and its soft carbonation is dripping with juicy hop oils.
- ‘Ninth Wave’ New World Pale Ale (4 x 330ml for €9.99). Creamy with a light toast, citrus and mango fruits on the nose.
BRÚ Brewery was established in 2013 in Trim, Co. Meath and has since been driven by a passion to brew high-quality, accessible beers for everyday drinkers.
The BRÚ Brewery range includes:
- ‘Off the Hook’ Pilsner (€2.79). A classic German-style Pilsner with a twist, that has a soft, bready mouthfeel and aromas of zesty citrus.
- ‘Cheep Flirt’ Session IPA (€2.79). An IPA that’s lower in alcohol, but packs a flavour punch, with a nutty and biscuit backbone, a silky and full mouthfeel, and an abundance of citrus and floral notes.
- ‘Citrus IPA’ IPA (€2.79). Amarillo, a pioneer of American hops is blended with Ekuanot hops for fresh fruity flavours, with a hint of pineapple sweetness.
The Porterhouse Brew Co.
The Porterhouse Brew Co. was founded in 1999 by cousins Liam and Oliver, and is now producing craft beer from a state-of-the-art brewery located on the outskirts of Dublin.
Fionn Cahill, brand coordinator, commented, “We are extremely excited to launch our 440ml can range across Lidl in Ireland this month, and are really looking forward to Lidl’s customers enjoying our beers throughout Ireland.”
The Porterhouse range includes:
- Renegade New England IPA (€2.79). Unfiltered and heavily dry-hopped with Amarillo, Galaxy and Mosaic for notable flavours of passion fruit, mango and lemon and a touch of blueberry.
- Rambler Juicy Pale Ale (€2.79). Rambler pours to a light orange colour with a tight white head. This combo contributes flavour and aromas of orange peel, watermelon, citrus and white grape for drinkability, similar to smooth fresh juice and has low carbonation.
- XXXX Stout (€2.79). XXXX refers to the alcohol level and the depth of flavour in this stout. Kettle hops drum up a fabulous aroma, with flaked barley delivering big time on texture, and the darkly roasted grain building a flavour as solid as a rock.