The Burren Smokehouse picnic box for one includes:
- An 80g pack of Burren Cold Smoked Irish Organic Salmon with a marinade of honey and dill
- An 80g Cooleeney Gortnamona Irish goat’s cheese
- 2 slices of homemade brown bread with butter
- Wooden cutlery, napkin, a disposable wine goblet and a small bag for your rubbish
- A choice of beverage: a 187ml bottle of Prosecco or red wine, or a 250ml bottle of Attyflin Estate Apple Juice.
The Burren Luxury Picnic for two includes:
- A 180g pack of Burren Cold Smoked Irish Organic Salmon
- A 180g pack of Burren Hot Smoked Irish Organic Salmon
- 6 slices of homemade brown bread with butter
- A 120g tub of fresh St. Tola “Divine” goat’s cheese
- an 80g Cooleeney Gortnamona Irish goat’s cheese
- Wooden cutlery, napkins and a small bag for your rubbish
- 750ml bottle of Moët and Chandon
- A pair of Galway Crystal Champagne flutes
There are a multitude of beautiful locations within the Burren to enjoy your picnic. Founder of the Burren Smokehouse, Birgitta Hedin Curtin, has identified her top three:
- Ballyreen is renowned as a fishing spot and the rocks make the perfect perch on which to sit and enjoy your Burren Picnic whilst enjoying the scenic view. 10km from Lisdoonvarna/15 minutes drive
- Ballyvaughan is a beautiful little village with a small fishing and trading port set in a green wooded vale. It is the most northerly place in Co. Clare and boasts a picnic area on the shore with views over to Connemara. 16km from Lisdoonvarna/19 minutes drive
- Lough Bunny is a freshwater lake in the heart of the Burren. Enjoy a pre-picnic dip in the crystal clear and pristine water an ideal spot for swimming in natural surroundings. 31km from Lisdoonvarna/33 minutes drive
The Burren Smokehouse is also delighted to stock this year’s dining outside essential — the Flying Elephant picnic table is available to purchase for €50. It comes in a tote bag for easy transport, and can be easily assembled in minutes to create a handy platform on which to lay out your picnic.
Burren Smokehouse picnics start from €10, collected from the Burren Smokehouse. Pre-order is recommended by phoning 065-7074432 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.