The SCOOP Foundation’s ‘Better Than Socks’ Xmas Auction & Dinner, taking place at the Chocolate Factory, King’s Inn Street, Dublin 1, is on Friday 12th November from 6.30-11.30pm, to raise funds to support the ongoing development and delivery of SCOOP Ed, which provides educational programmes for young people living in direct provision centres in Ireland and in the Bajed Kandala camp in Iraq.
Budding bidders will get to enjoy a four-course meal by Blás Café, delicious cocktails and lively tunes from the New Brass Kings, before doing their bit for a worthwhile cause. Those unable to attend will also be able to bid online through a live stream.
The following food and drink-related lots are among the confirmed lots so far, with more to be announced:
- Sushi Masterclass & Meal for 8 people at Ukiyo, includes a gift box by Obento.
- Dinner for 4 with wine at MAMŌ, Howth.
- Foraging experience in Howth.
- Sample every single cocktail at Bar 1661 in Dublin.
- Drink all the poitín on the Bar 1661 menu.
- Private tour of Whiplash Beer’s microbrewery in Dublin for you and three friends.
- Garden tour for 4 people at the Stillgarden Distillery.
- 3 online cooking lessons with Ciara’s Kitchen.
- A cocktail class hosted by award winning bartender Paul Lambert and Shaker & Vine for you and 7 of your friends – includes finger food.
- Weekend brunch and drinks for 2 people in Ebb & Flow, Camden Street.
- Hampers from Hen’s Teeth and Hampers & Co.
About the SCOOP Foundation
Founded by brothers Andy and Calvin Sweeney, SCOOP stands for Support Children Out of Poverty, and was set up in 2009 to support and educate young people at home and abroad. With backgrounds in social care, DJing, gigging and promoting, and experience of volunteering in the Middle East and Ireland, the Sweeney brothers combine their skills to develop innovative solutions to pressing social issues, particularly young people in camps in Iraq and Syria, young refugees living in direct provision in Ireland, as well as working with other grassroots organisations to respond to the homelessness crisis and the Covid-19 pandemic.
Tickets are on sale now at €85, which includes a 4-course meal, a cocktail, house wine on the table, a seat at the live auction and entertainment at https://scoopfoundation.org/event/betterthansocks2021/ .