Vegan burger bar V-Face now has a permanent home in Stoneybatter. Since popping up in The Belfry, Stoneybatter in 2018 and touring around the city with their pop-up, V-Face has built up a legion of fans with their plant-based burgers. Dedicated to locally sourced stuff, they’ve stalked the best farmers for their ingredients and put them between some outrageous buns, made down the road in a local bakery.
Owner Sarah Boland secured the location on North Brunswick Street last year and has been busy renovating and buzzin’ for the grand opening. Slightly hampered by the pandemic but not deterred, Sarah opened V-Face in May for drop-ins and delivery through Just Eat and welcomed her first sit-in customers Saturday 25th July. Sarah says, “It’s been a lot busier than I expected, especially opening when we did. We had to turn people away on our first night, it was so busy.”
Dedicated to hearty, “durty” foods without the meat, the V-Face offering is designed to be every bit as satisfying as its animal equivalents. Here are some of the menu highlights:
- Hot Chick V-Burg is a sweet spud and chickpea patty with rocket, coriander, pepper jack cheese, mashed avocado, nachos, mayo and sriracha, served on a charcoal bun.
- Magic Mushie V-Burg is a battered portobello mushroom with spinach, Gouda-style cheese and garlic mayo, served on a seeded bun.
- Garlic Parm Fries are loaded with garlic mayo, VF homemade Parmesan and fresh parsley.
- Kimchi Bomb fries are piled with kimchi, lime drizzle, coriander, sriracha, two types of “cheese”, mashed avocado and sesame seeds.
- V-Face also serves up V-Dogs, Wingz and Saucy Bois.
All of the V-Face packaging is compostable, too; Sarah says, “Some of our packaging, like for example the sauce containers may appear plastic, but they’re not. They are made from PLA, which is a compostable material, so straight into the compost bin with them.”