Fancy keeping the kids occupied this midterm while also giving them the opportunity to learn valuable cooking skills?
The chef supper club has launched a new ‘from scratch – junior’ series, suitable for all ages who wish to learn how to cook. Led by award-winning chef Killian Crowley, this series will be available from Monday 25th October and includes five 40-minute cooking lessons suitable for even the littlest of chefs. Learn classic dishes including apple crumble, fried chicken and many more, and get your kids excited about cooking!
‘from scratch’ is a multi-episode experience with a guided live tutorial — an engaging, cook-along experience in which kids will learn valuable life skills about food preparation and flavour combinations.
Killian said, “I believe that small things can make big differences, and if we can start early with the kids, they might integrate cooking as an activity and not a chore”.
Chef Killian will be leading the charge this midterm with a fun menu based on his new Unicef cookbook, “My Li’l book of Recipes,” which aims to inspire young chefs of any age. The book presents recipes in an accessible and fun way, and also includes unique illustrations from artist Clémentine Latron. Available in five different languages, the majority of the €10 sale price will go towards UNICEF to fight malnutrition. Copies available to purchase here, and you can also buy the book direct from the chef supper club as part of the ingredient package.
Speaking about his cookbook, Killian said: “This book is an idea that I had a long time ago. I wrote a book that I wish I had when I was a kid, where I understand where the products are coming from and the way we cook them. The simplicity and the accessibility of it as well is for me really important. Learning how to cook shouldn’t be a privilege but a basic right.”
The course will be filmed in Killian’s own kitchen and will be broken up over five episodes with each class lasting 25-40 minutes. The recipes that Killian has chosen to share are:
- Croque monsieur: a great after-school snack or Sunday brunch
- Apple crumble: the easiest fruit dessert to make with your kids
- Röstis: a deliciously different way of eating potatoes
- Fried chicken: a mouth-watering chicken dinner for both kids and adults
- Marble cake: a creative and easy bake
The ‘from scratch junior’ cookery course with Killian Crowley commencing Monday 25th October is on sale now at www.thechefsupperclub.com with two available options:
- Course with ingredients @€145 for the full course with all dry/non perishable ingredients supplied, along with your own signed copy of ‘My Li’l Book of Recipes’ by Killian, all delivered to your door.
- Course only @€45 for the full course. You will receive a full list of ingredients (each of which will feed four), a list of utensils required for each session, and log-in details that give you unlimited access to the recorded classes for two months.
If you’re in the baking mood, remember pastry chef Tara Gartlan is currently running her gluten-free ‘from scratch’ series, which is also suitable for kids and adults alike. Throughout Tara’s course, she’ll share all the tricks and tips needed to prepare tasty, gluten-free desserts in your own home. Booking is also available from www.thechefsupperclub.com.