4 garlic cloves, crushed
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
200g kale, stems removed
Salt and black pepper
Freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
80-120ml extra virgin olive oil
50g Parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
350g wholegrain linguine (or pasta of choice)
Click to try this chicken pesto pasta bake….
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Spread the walnuts in a single layer on a baking tray. Roast for 6-10 minutes, tossing regularly to ensure even cooking, until the nuts are a shade darker and smell toasty.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the linguine according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, place the toasted walnuts, garlic, lemon zest and juice in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add the kale in stages and pulse to finely chop. Add some salt, pepper and a few grates of nutmeg, if using. With the motor running, pour in extra-virgin olive oil just until a thick sauce forms. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the Parmesan.
- Scoop out around 250ml of the starchy pasta water and add to the pesto, stirring to combine. Drain the pasta well, then toss with the pesto to coat.
- Season to taste and serve with extra grated Parmesan.
651kcals, 33.9g fat (5.5g saturated), 71.7g carbs, 3.6g sugars, 19.2g protein, 11.3g fibre, 0.193g sodium