100ml olive oil
2 large onions, thinly sliced
4 large garlic cloves, crushed
Salt and black pepper
2 large carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
150g kale, roughly chopped
80g jarred artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried thyme
½ x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
300ml white wine
650ml vegetable stock
2 x 400g tins of cannellini beans
120g butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 150˚C/130˚C fan/gas mark 3.
- Heat two tablespoons of the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Cook the onions for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until very soft and brown. Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the carrots and cook for five minutes until browned. Add the kale and cook for another five minutes until wilted.
- Stir in the artichokes, oregano and thyme, and cook for 2-3 minutes until aromatic.
- Pour in the tomatoes, wine and stock, using a wooden spoon to stir up any bits stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and cover with a lid. Simmer for 15 minutes, then remove the lid and simmer for another 20 minutes until the liquid has reduced by half. Stir in the bean and season to taste.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and butter until combined.
- Transfer the bean mixture to a large baking dish and scatter over the breadcrumbs. Drizzle over the remaining oil.
- Bake uncovered for 1-1½ hours until browned and bubbling at the sides.
685kcals, 26g fat (9.8g saturated), 83.2g carbs, 7.6g sugars, 28g protein, 28.5g fibre, 0.538g sodium