900g minced beef
100ml sweet chilli sauce
80ml soy sauce
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
½ tsp black pepper
120ml beef stock
120g carrots, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
1 tsp dried basil
Fresh basil leaves
- Place a pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the mince for 5-6 minutes until browned, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, lime juice and fish sauce.
- Drain any excess fat from the beef. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Season with the black pepper.
- Add the stock and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add the carrots, pepper and dried basil and cook for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the sweet chilli mixture and simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with rice or noodles and garnish with fresh basil leaves, sliced chilli peppers and lime wedges.
Per serving: 365kcals, 11.4g fat (4.9g saturated), 17.2g carbs, 2.1g sugars, 48.2g protein, 1.4g fibre, 1.86g sodium