For the salmon:
1 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, chopped
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp treacle
Pinch of chilli powder
4 x 150g salmon fillets
For the mashed potatoes:
1kg floury potatoes, peeled
200ml whole milk
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Salt and black pepper
A handful of chives, snipped
- Place the potatoes in a pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain the water, then return the pan to the heat for a minute or two to steam dry.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk, butter and garlic in a small saucepan over a medium heat.
- While the potatoes are still warm, gradually stir in the warm milk mixture. Season well and stir in the chives.
- Preheat the grill. Heat the oil a saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the soy sauce, stout, treacle and chilli powder. Bring to a simmer for 5-6 minutes, stirring, until thickened. Strain through a sieve.
- Line a baking tray with foil and coat lightly with cooking spray. Place the salmon on the tray and brush with the glaze. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, brushing occasionally with the glaze, until cooked through.
- Serve with over the chive mashed potatoes and wilted spinach with any extra glaze drizzled over the top.
Per Serving 577kcals, 26.3g fat (10.2g saturated), 50.7g carbs, 10.9g sugars, 35.7g protein, 6.1g fibre, 0.686g sodium