2 tbsp olive oil
600g chicken mince
Salt and black pepper
2 red onions, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 jalapeño peppers, finely chopped
3 tsp hot chilli powder
1 tbsp cumin
½ tsp salt
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and finely chopped
2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
500ml chicken stock
1 x 400g tin of kidney or black beans, drained
Fresh coriander, chopped
Feta cheese, finely crumbled
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken mince and season with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking it up with a spoon until it is no longer pink.
- Add the onions, garlic and jalapeños and cook for 5-7 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the chilli powder, cumin and salt.
- Add the sweet potatoes and cook for 7-9 minutes until lightly browned.
- Stir in the tomatoes and stock. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, covered with a lid, for 30 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook for another 10 minutes, uncovered, until thick.
- Serve in bowls with coriander, Feat and avocado with a drizzle of lime juice and hot sauce.
575kcals, 14.3g fat (3.1g saturated), 66.9g carbs, 7.2g sugars, 46.5g protein, 15.6g fibre, 0.715g sodium