4 chunky fish fillets, e.g. hake, cod, salmon or sea trout
50g butter, melted
Juice of 1 lemon
2 shallots, very finely chopped
1 large garlic clove, crushed
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
Salt and black pepper
1 tbsp capers, rinsed
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Grease a baking dish with oil or butter and add the fish in a single layer.
- In a jug, whisk together the melted butter, lemon juice, shallots, garlic, paprika, chilli flakes and some salt and black pepper until well blended. Stir in the capers. Pour the sauce evenly over the fish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the fish is just cooked.
- Serve immediately with baked potatoes and some of the remaining sauce spooned over the fish.
Per serving: 244kcals, 12g fat (6.9g saturated), 1.5g carbs (0.2g sugars), 32.9g protein, 0.2g fibre, 0.326g sodium
TEST KITCHEN TIP
If you think you don’t have time to bake potatoes, think again! Pierce the skins a few times with a fork, then microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Once they’re cool enough to handle, rub them all over with olive oil and salt, then bake on the top shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes for the skins to become nice and crispy.