2 tbsp olive oil
120g pancetta, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
1 x 400g tin of plum tomatoes
½ tsp dried basil
40g Parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
Handful of fresh basil leaves, torn
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over a high heat and cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the pancetta and onion and cook for 10 minutes until the onion is soft and the pancetta is crisp and golden. Add the garlic and chilli flakes and cook for one minute, stirring.
- Stir in the tomatoes, basil and some salt and black pepper. Simmer for 10-12 minutes until thickened.
- Drain the pasta, reserving abut 60ml of the cooking liquid. Add the pasta to the pan with the sauce and toss to coat, adding a splash or two of the cooking liquid to loosen the sauce slightly. Stir in the Parmesan and season to taste.
- Divide between bowls. Top with a little extra Parmesan and some chopped fresh basil to serve.
Per Serving 523kcals, 23.8g fat (6.8g saturated), 53.2g carbs (5.2g sugars), 25.1g protein, 1.8g fibre, 0.821g sodium