For the cheese curds:
- 480ml whole milk
- 80ml plain, full-fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
For the smashed pea toasts:
- 280g frozen peas, thawed
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 25g fresh mint
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 8 slices of sourdough bread, lightly toasted
- 8 slices of prosciutto
- In a microwave-proof bowl, combine the milk, yoghurt, and two teaspoons of lemon juice in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring everything together with a whisk.
- Microwave on high heat for 2-4 minutes until the mixture is bubbling gently around the edges. Stir gently for five seconds. The milk should separate into solid white curds and translucent liquid whey. If not, microwave for 30 seconds longer. Repeat until fully separated. Gently stir to form small curds.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve set over a bowl and allow it to stand for ten minutes. Reserve two tablespoons of the drained liquid, discarding the rest. In a small bowl, mix the reserved liquid with the curds and a teaspoon of salt.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the peas with the lemon juice, fresh mint, oil and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Pulse until spreadable but still slightly chunky.
- Thickly spread some of the pea mixture onto each toasted bread slice and add a slice of prosciutto to each one. Dollop each piece with a little of the cheese mixture, season with some black pepper and drizzle with a little extra oil.
Per serving: 468kcals, 18.6g fat (4g saturated), 54.7g carbs, 11.4g sugars, 22.3g protein, 5.6g fibre, 0.857g sodium
TIP: Short on time? Shop-bought Ricotta can easily be substituted for the homemade curds!