For the salsa:
1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
Knob of butter
4 shallots, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, crushed
500g cherry tomatoes, halved
Salt and black pepper
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 tbsp fresh basil, chopped, plus extra for serving
For the salmon:
4 salmon fillets
1 tsp dried oregano
Zest of ½ a lemon
- Heat the olive oil and butter together in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook for two minutes until softened and fragrant.
- Add the cherry tomatoes with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring frequently, until the tomatoes have broken down.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for 2-3 minutes further. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil. Add extra seasoning if needed.
- Preheat the grill to a high heat. Place the salmon fillets on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with the oregano and lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the salmon for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through to your liking.
- Serve the salmon with the warm salsa, topped with some extra chopped basil.
356kcals, 21.2g fat (4.5g saturated), 8g carbs, 3.4g sugars, 35.6g protein, 1.8g fibre, 0.146g sodium