For the salmon burgers:
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 450g raw salmon, skin removed, flaked with a fork
- 180g cooked quinoa
- 1 egg and 1 egg white
- ½ tsp dried coriander
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp honey
For the salad:
- 4 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 small handful of fresh coriander leaves
- ½ a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp plain yoghurt or mayonnaise
- In a small bowl, mix the shallots and parsley and set aside two tablespoons of the mixture for the dressing.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a pan over a medium-high heat and cook the remaining shallots and parsley for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the salmon in a bowl and add the quinoa, egg and egg white, coriander, lemon juice and the sautéed shallots. Season the mixture and shape into four patties.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the salmon burgers, one at a time, for 4-5 minutes per side until golden brown and fully cooked.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a jar along with the reserved shallots and parsley and shake until combined. Set two tablespoons of the dressing aside and toss the rest in a bowl with the salad ingredients.
- Divide the salad between plates and top with the salmon burgers. Mix the reserved dressing with the plain yogurt or mayonnaise to make a quick sauce, and drizzle over the burgers to serve.
Per serving: 493kcals, 25.1g fat (3.8g saturated), 37.2g carbs, 3.8g sugars, 32.4g protein, 4.8g fibre, 0.295g sodium
TOP TIP: For a cheaper option, you could use tinned salmon instead.