2 tbsp olive oil
1 leek, washed, trimmed and chopped
Salt and black pepper
2 small salmon fillets
2 tbsp fresh basil pesto
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain, rinse under cold water until cool and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat and cook the leeks for 5-6 minutes until softened. Season with salt and plenty of black pepper. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Pat the salmon dry with kitchen paper and season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan over a medium-high heat. Add the salmon, skin side-down, and cook for 5-6 minutes. Carefully flip the fillets over and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a chopping board and flake with a fork, discarding the skin.
- Place the same pan back over a medium heat and add the pesto and cream. Stir together and allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes. Add the cooked pasta, salmon and leeks. Stir everything together and allow to heat through. Divide between bowls and serve.
719kcals, 34g fat (8.2g saturated), 58.6g carbs, 1.9g sugars, 46.7g protein, 1g fibre, 0.212g sodium