8 baby beetroot
Handful of spinach leaves, washed
Handful of rocket, washed
½ a red onion, sliced
Extra-virgin olive oil
175g goats cheese
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 230°C/210°C fan/gas mark 8.
- Wrap the beetroot in tin foil and roast for 40-60 minutes until soft and cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for five minutes. Rub the skins off the beetroot and cut into quarters.
- Place the spinach leaves, rocket and red onion in a salad bowl. Arrange the warm beetroot on top. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Break up the goat’s cheese and dot them over the salad. Sprinkle over the walnuts.
- Finish with a sprinkle of sea salt and pepper, then serve immediately.
Per Serving 414kcals, 27.5g fat (11.7g saturated), 25.9g carbs, 13.8g sugars, 18.8g protein, 5.3g fibre, 0.496g sodium
Recipe courtesy of Louise Cunnane