- 450g Ricotta, drained in a colander for 30 minutes
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 150g Parmesan, grated
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper
- 155g plain flour
- 60g butter
For the pesto cream sauce:
- 4 tbsp basil pesto
- 60ml light cream
- 2-3 large handfuls of rocket
- Parmesan, grated
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and dust lightly with flour.
- In a bowl, combine the Ricotta, eggs, 100g of the Parmesan, the oregano and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Add the flour and stir to form a wet dough.
- Transfer the dough out onto a floured surface. Use lightly-floured hands to roll it into two sausages, each about 2cm thick. With a floured knife, slice the sausages into 2cm pieces.
- Place the gnocchi on the prepared baking tray and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Cook the chilled gnocchi in two batches in a large pot of boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes per batch. When cooked, lift the gnocchi out with a slotted spoon and drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, heat the pesto in a pan over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the cream and heat, stirring, until warm.
- Add the gnocchi to the sauce and toss to coat. Stir in the rocket and divide between serving bowls. Top with extra Parmesan, if desired.
Per serving: 606kcals, 36.7g fat (22.4g saturated), 37.7g carbs, 0.7g sugars, 32.6g protein, 1.2g fibre, 0.655g sodium
- Chicken, peas, pine nuts and/or bacon make delicious additions to this dish.
- Instead of boiling, the gnocchi can also be gently fried in butter.