Makes 12 large bars
- 40g butter, at room temperature
- 150g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large eggs, at room temperature
- 250g creamy peanut butter
- 180g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250g strawberry or raspberry jam
- 50g salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Grease a 23cm square tin and line with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl for about two minutes until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in the vanilla, eggs and peanut butter until combined.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a small bowl. Gradually beat this into the butter mixture until just mixed.
- Spread two-thirds of the dough into the prepared tin. Add the jam and spread into an even layer. Crumble the remaining dough evenly over the jam.
- Sprinkle with the peanuts and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool completely before slicing into bars.
Per serving: 331 kcals, 15.8g fat (4.4g saturated), 41.9g carbs, 14.7g sugar, 8.4g protein, 2g fibre, 0.122g sodium