4 ripe peaches, thinly sliced
360ml extra-virgin olive oil
½ tsp salt
3 large eggs
250g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
Vanilla Greek yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Line a 23 x 33cm baking tin with parchment paper and coat lightly with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, toss the peaches with four tablespoons of the olive oil, 70g of the sugar and the salt. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, the remaining 150g sugar and the remaining 300ml olive oil.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Whisk the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Fold in the peaches with their juices. Scrape the batter into the prepared tin. Bake for 35 minutes, until the cake is golden and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool before packaging for the picnic.
- Serve with vanilla Greek yoghurt.
Per serving: 503kcals, 35.9g fat (5.4g saturated), 45.1g carbs, 25.5g sugars, 4.8g protein, 1.3g fibre, 0.201g sodium