2 tbsp ground flaxseed
6 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract
Zest and juice of ½ an orange
100g oat flour (or 100g porridge oats, ground into a flour)
100g brown rice flour
1 tsp caster sugar
1 tbsp poppy seeds
Coconut oil, for cooking
1 orange, segmented
- Stir together the flaxseed and water, then refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Add to a large mixing bowl with the vanilla extract, orange zest, orange juice and milk.
- Combine the flours, sugar and poppy seeds in a separate bowl. Gradually stir into the wet ingredients, folding until just combined.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat an 18cm non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and swirl around a bit of coconut oil until melted.
- Add some of the batter, swirling it around so that it covers the bottom of the pan in a thin, even layer. Cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles form in the centre, then flip it over and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm while you repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Spread a thin layer of yoghurt onto half of each crepe, then fold them over to make triangles. Serve with orange slices and a drizzle of honey (if desired).