- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 450g chicken fillets boneless and skinless, cut into bitesized cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 700ml tomato passata
- 240ml red wine
- 480ml chicken stock
- 320g spaghetti, linguine or fettuccine
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- Parmesan, grated
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and cook the chicken for five minutes until it begins to brown. Add the onion and cook until softened. Add the garlic and chillies and cook for another minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan, breaking the pasta in half if necessary, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the pasta is cooked, stirring occasionally. If the sauce looks as if it’s reducing too quickly, add extra chicken stock as needed.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
Per serving: 552kcals, 14.1g fat (3.1g saturated), 50.8g carbs, 42.8g protein, 0.9g fibre, 0.549g sodium