Serves 8 - 8
- 280 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 60 ml olive oil
- 300 ml buttermilk
- 80 g Feta, crumbled
- 40 g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 40 g pitted black olives, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and grease a loaf tin. Sift the first four ingredients into a bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs, oil and buttermilk. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the egg mixture. Stir to combine.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for five minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Per Serving 258kcals, 11.6g fat (3.2g saturated), 31g carbs, 2.7g sugars, 8g protein, 1.4g fibre, 0.44g sodium