Serves 2 - 2
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 250 g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, halved, rinsed and finely chopped
- 0 Salt and black pepper
- 2 flatbreads, preferablye flavoured with herbs or garlic
- 4 slices of Parma ham (optional), torn into strips
- 2 tbsp Parmesan, grated
- 2 handfuls of rockets or baby spinach leaves
- In a large pan, heat two tablespoons of the oil over a medium heat. Add the onion, then reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar and cook, stirring regularly, for 20-25 minutes until the onion is caramelised.
- Increase the heat to medium. Stir in the mushrooms and leek and season well. Cook for 3-4 minutes until they are just beginning to soften. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to high. Brush the flatbreads with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Top with the mushroom and leek mixture, then shred over the Parma ham, if using. Sprinkle with Parmesan and grill until the cheese melts and the top is golden. Scatter each flatbread with a handful of rocket or baby spinach and serve immediately.
Per Serving 573kcals, 33.6g fat (6.8g saturated), 45.4g carbs, 7.3g sugars, 26.1g protein, 6.6g fibre, 0.9g sodium