Makes about 12
4 tbsp coconut oil or butter, plus extra for greasing
4 tbsp honey
2 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
4 tbsp apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
20g shredded coconut
4 tbsp ground flax seed
4 tbsp almonds, sliced
30g dried cranberries
- In a small saucepan, combine the coconut oil or butter, honey, cinnamon and salt.
- Heat until all ingredients are combined. Remove from heat and stir in the apple sauce and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together the oats, coconut, flax seed, almonds and cranberries.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir until completely coated. Allow to sit for 10 minutes, then place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C/150˚C fan/gas mark 3.
- Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin with coconut oil or butter and fill each opening about two-thirds of the way with the granola mixture. Using your fingers, press into the centre of each hole and then work your way around the edges to form a small bowl shape.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 18-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the tin. To remove, carefully run a knife around the outside of each granola cup.
- Store in an airtight container. When ready to eat, fill the cups with Greek yoghurt and top with fresh berries and sliced banana.
189kcals, 8.4g fat (4.9g saturated), 24.9g carbs, 6.6g sugars, 4.2g protein, 3.9g fibre, 0.053g sodium