½ tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
450g minced beef
1 x 32g packet of taco seasoning
1 tsp dried coriander
170g tomato purée
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
6 large flour tortillas
1 x 400g tin of kidney, black or pinto beans, drained
1 x 198g tin of sweetcorn
450g Cheddar, grated
Spring onions, chopped
Fancy some more Mexican food? Try this tortilla soup!
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Lightly grease a 23 x 33cm baking dish and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pot over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the minced beef, taco seasoning and dried coriander and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring and breaking any lumps with a wooden spoon, until thoroughly browned. Drain away any fat.
- Add the tomato purée and tinned tomatoes. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Place two tortillas in the bottom of the prepared baking dish, cutting them to fit. Spoon over half of the meat mixture, half of the beans, half of the sweetcorn and 150g of the Cheddar. Repeat all of these layers once, then top with tortillas and the final 150g Cheddar.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden and bubbly. Allow to rest for five minutes, then serve with sour cream, salsa and chopped spring onions, avocados and coriander as optional garnishes at the table.
637kcals, 13.6g fat (5.8g saturated), 69.9g carbs, 9g sugars, 60.9g protein, 14.8g fibre, 0.584g sodium