Serves 2 - 2
- 5 large eggs
- Splash of milk
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 sausages
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 4 chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 large handful spinach leaves
- Knob of butter
- 1 ball of fresh Mozzarella cheese, torn into chunks
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl. Add a splash of milk and some seasoning, whisk again and set aside.
- Cut one end off each sausage and squeeze out the meat. Cut the sausage meat into chunks.
- Heat a large pan over a medium-high heat and cook the sausage meat for 4-5 minutes until browned.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and spring onion and cook, stirring only a few times so the tomatoes start to blister and the mushrooms turn golden brown. Add the spinach and cook until it wilts, seasoning with a little salt and lots of black pepper. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Wipe the pan clean with kitchen paper and melt the butter over a medium-high heat. Add the eggs and let them cook undisturbed until they start to bubble and the edges begin to cook. Gently scramble the eggs until almost cooked.
- Add the sausage mix to the eggs and carefully stir to combine. Scatter over the Mozzarella and fold into the eggs. Cover with a lid for 30 seconds to melt the cheese, then divide between plates and serve.
Per serving:771kcals, 46.7g fat (23.4g saturated), 35.4g carbs, 20.7g sugars, 59.4g protein, 9.4g fibre, 1.119g sodium