- 450g baby new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- Salt and black pepper
- 12 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 40ml olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 dill pickles, roughly chopped
- Place the potatoes in a pot, add one teaspoon of salt and cover with 5cm of water. Bring to the boil over a high heat and cook for 8-10 minutes. Remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon.
- Add the asparagus to the boiling water and cook for two minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon. Plunge the asparagus into a bowl of iced water until cold, then drain.
- Gently lower the eggs into the pot of boiling water and set a timer for exactly seven minutes. When ready, drain the eggs immediately and run under cold water until cool to the touch.
- In a bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar, mustard and honey. Slowly stream in the oil, whisking constantly until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the potatoes, red onion and parsley to the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving platter. Peel the eggs and cut in half lengthwise, then tuck them in between the potatoes. Top with the chopped pickles and serve.
Per serving: 283kcals, 16g fat (3.6g saturated), 25.9g carbs, 7.2g sugars, 10.2g protein, 4.4g fibre, 0.716g sodium
If you’re not serving this to vegetarians, some crispy crumbled bacon makes a tasty addition.