Serves 4 - 6
- 350 g penne
- 4 strip streaky bacon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 400 g tin of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the penne according to the package instructions.
- Add the bacon to a large frying pan and cook over a medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes, turning once, until crispy. Remove from the pan and drain on a sheet of kitchen paper.
- Heat the oil in the pan and cook the onion for five minutes until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and beans and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Chop the bacon and stir into the sauce with the parsley.
- Add the drained penne to the sauce and toss to combine.
Per Serving 465kcals, 6.4g fat (1.2g saturated), 79.4g carbs, 5.3g sugars, 24.5g protein, 12g fibre, 0.12g sodium