250g plain flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
2 eggs, beaten
60g unsalted butter, melted
5 slices of ham, chopped
120g Cheddar, grated, plus extra for topping
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cups and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and butter. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Once the batter is smooth, fold in the ham and cheese. Season with a little black pepper.
- Spoon the batter into the paper cups, filling them about three-quarters of the way. Sprinkle some more grated cheese over the top.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack.
Per serving: 178kcals, 7.1g fat (3.9g saturated), 20.2g carbs, 3.1g sugars, 8.2g protein, 0.7g fibre, 0.264g sodium
TOP TIP: These will last for 2-3 days in the fridge or can be individually wrapped and frozen: just defrost them the night before they’ll be eaten.