For the pesto:
- 1 x 200g bunch of kale, roughly torn
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 40g Parmesan, grated
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Salt and black pepper
- 120ml extra-virgin olive oil
For the soup:
- 1 leek, washed and chopped
- 1.2l chicken stock (use vegetable stock to make this for vegetarians)
- 500g spinach and Ricotta tortellini
- 250g peas, fresh or frozen
- In a food processor, combine the kale, garlic, Parmesan and lemon juice. With the motor running, add the oil in a steady stream and blend until smooth. Season to taste.
- Heat three tablespoons of stock in a large saucepan for 1-2 minutes until it steams. Add the leek and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the remaining stock and bring to a boil. Add the tortellini and peas, then stir in the kale pesto. Simmer for 5-6 minutes until everything is heated through.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and season to taste. Serve with extra Parmesan.
Per serving: 628kcals, 39.5g fat (9.5g saturated), 53g carbs, 7.3g sugars, 18.3g protein, 8.4g fibre, 1.13g sodium