130g pancetta or bacon lardons
3 tbsp olive oil
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
80g frozen peas
10-12 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
Salt and black pepper
2 tbsp Parmesan, grated, plus extra for serving
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil and cook the gnocchi according to package directions. Drain well, reserving around 120ml of the cooking water.
- In a large nonstick pan over a medium heat, cook the bacon for 5-6 minutes or until crispy on both sides. Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper and set aside.
- Add one tablespoon of oil to the bacon fat in the pan and cook the onions over a medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes until they begin to brown. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden brown.
- Stir in the peas, sun-dried tomatoes and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, then transfer to a bowl.
- Wipe the pan clean with kitchen paper and heat the remaining olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add the gnocchi and cook for 3-4 minutes, tossing occasionally, until golden brown.
- Gently stir in the onion mixture, bacon and Parmesan. Add enough of the reserved cooking water to loosen everything and coat the gnocchi, about four tablespoons. Divide between bowls and sprinkle with additional Parmesan. Serve immediately with a side salad.
Per serving: 565kcals, 26.9g fat (7.5g saturated), 47.5g carbs, 3.3g sugars, 35.1g protein, 3.2g fibre, 2.685g sodium