60g butter, divided
4 garlic cloves, crushed, divided
500g mixed mushrooms, sliced
340g Arborio rice
950ml vegetable stock
100ml dry white wine
Salt and black pepper
3 large handfuls of spinach
60g Parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
Juice of ½ a lemon
- Heat half of the butter in a large pan over a medium high heat. Add half of the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for 6-8 minutes, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Heat the remaining butter and garlic in the same pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat in the butter and garlic, then add the white wine.
- Add one ladleful of stock and stir gently with a wooden spoon. When the liquid has been absorbed by the rice, add another ladleful. Repeat this process over about 15-20 minutes until the rice is almost completely soft and has a creamy texture. Season to taste with a little salt and lots of black pepper.
- Remove the risotto from the heat and stir in the garlic mushrooms, the spinach and the Parmesan. Stir until the spinach wilts, then spoon into serving bowls and top each portion with extra Parmesan and a squeeze of lemon juice.
535kcals, 16.8g fat (10.1g saturated), 76.9g carbs, 3.1g sugars, 15.9g protein, 4g fibre, 1.017g sodium