Serves 8 - 10
- 200g digestive biscuits, finely crushed
- 100g butter, melted
For the filling:
- 600g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 250g Ricotta
- 2 eggs
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
For the raspberry sauce:
- 200g raspberries
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 300g strawberries, sliced
- 2 meringue nests, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C/140˚C fan/gas mark 3. Mix together the crushed biscuits with the melted butter until they are all moist. Press into the base and slightly up the sides of a 23cm springform cake tin. Refrigerate until needed.
- Beat together all of the ingredients for the filling until very smooth. Spread into the tin.
- Place a baking tin filled with water into the bottom of the oven; this will prevent the cheesecake from cracking while it bakes. Bake the tin in the centre of the oven for 1 hour 10 minutes until it has set at the edges.
- Turn off the oven, open the door slightly and leave the cake to cool to room temperature.
- Purée the raspberries with a hand blender or in a food processor until smooth. Strain through a sieve to remove any seeds, then stir the icing sugar and lemon juice in with the remaining liquid.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin and pour over the raspberry sauce. Top with the sliced strawberries and crushed meringue nest before serving.
Per serving: 558kcals, 38g fat (21g saturated), 47g carbs, 32.4g sugars, 10.8g protein, 2.5g fibre, 0.41g sodium