200g brown rice
1½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
6 garlic cloves, crushed
1 green and 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
12 sun-dried tomatoes
100g spinach, roughly chopped
Fresh parsley, chopped
- Bring 360ml water to a boil in a medium pot and add the rice. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 40-50 minutes until tender. Drain, then set aside and cool to room temperature.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for five minutes until carrots are just beginning to turn tender.
- Add the brown rice and cook until the vegetables are tender and the rice is beginning to turn crispy. Stir in the spinach and season well, then cook for 3-4 minutes until wilted.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Make eight wells in the rice and crack an egg into each. Cook until the whites are starting to set, then transfer the pan to the oven. Cook for another 10-12 minutes until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny, or until cooked to your liking.
Per serving: 454kcals, 16.3g fat (3.9g saturated), 60.9g carbs, 13.1g sugars, 19.9g protein, 8.4g fibre, 0.167g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS:
Add any vegetables you like, or try stirring in some olives for a Mediterranean flavour.