1 tsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
Salt and black pepper
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 x 3cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
3 garlic cloves, crushed
500ml vegetable stock
2 x 400g tins of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 green and 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped into bite-sized florets
2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
250g baby spinach
250ml coconut milk
Couscous, rice or naan bread
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion with one teaspoon of salt for 5-6 minutes until soft. Add the potatoes and another pinch of salt and cook for 5-6 minutes until just translucent around the edges.
- Stir in the curry powder, sugar, ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add 60ml of stock and allow to bubble for 1-2 minutes, using a wooden spoon to scrape any sticky bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer the mixture into the bowl of a slow cooker.
- Add the remaining vegetable stock along with the chickpeas, peppers, cauliflower and tinned tomatoes. Add some black pepper and stir to combine. The liquid should come about halfway up the sides of the bowl; add extra stock if necessary. Cover and cook for four hours on high.
- Stir in the spinach and coconut milk. Cover with the lid and cook for 10 minutes longer until heated through. Season to taste.
- Serve with couscous, rice or naan bread.
Per Serving 255kcals, 9.2g fat (6.7g saturated), 38.6g carbs, 7.4g sugars, 8.1g protein, 8.3g fibre, 0.478g sodium