2 chicken fillets, cut in half horizontally and pounded to 1cm thick
Salt and black pepper
40g plain or gluten-free flour
2 tbsp Parmesan, grated
½ tsp garlic powder
4 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp lemon juice
250ml chicken stock
4 garlic cloves, crushed
3 tbsp capers
½ tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
80ml light cream
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
Mashed potato, polenta or pasta
- Season the chicken pieces on both sides.
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, Parmesan and garlic powder. Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour mixture and shake off any excess.
- Heat the oil over a medium-high heat in a pan large enough to hold the four chicken pieces. Place the chicken in the pan and brown for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate, cover with foil and keep warm.
- Pour out any excess oil from the pan, leaving only enough to coat.
- In a measuring jug, combine the lemon juice, chicken stock, garlic, capers and chilli flakes, if using. Whisk until combined.
- Turn the the heat to medium and return the pan to the heat. Add the lemon juice mixture and allow to bubble, scraping any sticky bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Let the sauce reduce for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat. Pour in the cream and whisk to combine. Place the pan back over the heat for one minute or just until the sauce begins to boil. Remove from the heat.
- Place the chicken on serving plates and drizzle the sauce on top. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately with mashed potato, polenta or pasta.
387kcals, 27.5g fat (8.6g saturated), 10.9g carbs, 0.7g sugars, 24.9g protein, 0.8g fibre, 0.573g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS:
Make this low-fat by simply omitting the cream.